Umbraco is a fully-featured open source content management system with the flexibility to run anything from small campaign or brochure sites right through to complex applications for Fortune 500’s and some of the largest media sites in the world.
Umbraco is easy to learn and use, making it perfect for web designers, developers and content creators alike.
Umbraco is strongly supported by both an active and welcoming community of users around the world, and backed up by a rock-solid commercial organization providing professional support and tools. Umbraco can be used in its free, open-source format with the additional option of professional tools and support if required.
What’s New in Umbraco 8
Umbraco launched Umbraco 8, the most advanced and easiest to use version of the flexible and full-featured open-source content management system (CMS) running more than 500,000 live websites. Building on its reputation as the “friendly CMS,” Umbraco 8 makes it even easier for companies of any size to create and deliver relevant, compelling and personalized content—in any language—to engage and convert customers across websites, mobile apps, and other digital initiatives.
Umbraco 8, built on the Microsoft .Net platform, now includes several industry-first features and functionalities focused on simplicity, stability, and usability:
- Language Variants—allows variants of the same content in one project, greatly reducing the complexity of managing multilingual content, without needing development to get similar capabilities.
- Infinite Editing—enables editors to seamlessly move back and forth between different parts of the website, supporting modern content creation without compromising workflow
- Content Apps—offers easy access to “best of breed” third-party applications for additional functionality as well as new content-aware features that gives end-users an entirely new way to extend, learn, evaluate, and as a result, improve their content.
“Content is still king, and these new features in Umbraco 8 help support the creation of compelling and highly effective content that will reach all key audiences without the technology getting in the way,” said Niels Hartvig, Umbraco’s founder and chief unicorn. “With Umbraco 8, creating multilingual sites is as easy as clicking a couple of buttons. Editors can seamlessly move through a jungle of content. And content creators can get valuable insights into which content is having the most impact, and why, so they can produce what will more effectively generate what we all want from a website—more sales.”
Umbraco Awards Nominations Due by March 22
Nominations are open for the 2019 Umbraco Awards, an annual program honoring the best Umbraco projects in 10 categories, including Best Cloud Solution, Best Custom Solution, Best Editing Experience, Best Gold Partner Solution, Best Certified Partner Solution, Best Designed Site, Best New Tech, Package Award, Best Content app (Umbraco 8) and the Jury’s Choice Award.
Why Should You Use Umbraco?
The award winning, responsive CMS
Umbraco is one of the most deployed CMS systems on the Microsoft stack.
Umbraco CMS offers the power and flexibility to run anything from pure publishing sites and large media sites, to complex applications for Fortune 500 companies. Massively extendable, there is no limit to what you can do.
It’s FREE & Open Source
Umbraco is a completely free and Open Source CMS built upon Microsoft’s .NET Framework.
With no ongoing license fee Umbraco is both a powerful and cost effective CMS solution.
Umbraco Cloud Hosting
Umbraco can be hosted on any Windows Server but if you’d prefer to remove the stress of managing and setting up your own website hosting then Umbraco offer an amazing hosting solution called Umbraco Cloud.
Let Umbraco manage your website hosting so you can concentrate on your website and business.
Managing your website couldn’t be easier than with Umbraco CMS.
- Multiple Site Management, run and manage multiple websites from a single Umbraco installation.
- System Integration, easy integration with any 3rd party tool.
- Cross-Platform, manage not only websites but also mobile apps, intranet sites, rich-media and e-commerce.
- Responsive CMS, manage content on the go with your smartphone, tablet or laptop.
- Out-The-Box Features, 301 redirect management, health check dashboard, device preview and lots more features to help you with your website.
Creating content couldn’t be easier than with Umbraco CMS.
- Easy to Learn & Use, super simple CMS interface, a wealth of documentation, training videos and the famously helpful Umbraco community.
- Multi Lingual, in built support for multi-lingual sites.
- Role Based Access Levels, easily assign different publishing rights for your website administrators.
- Media Library, manage all your media assets from a single location. Scale and crop your images directly within Umbraco.
- Schedule Content, automatically publish and unpublish content whenever you want.
Designers & Developers
Extending your website couldn’t be easier than with Umbraco CMS.
- Integrate with Business Systems, open and flexible architecture allows for easy integration with any existing system.
- Easy to Use API’s, Umbraco API gives you programmatic access to everything in the Umbraco CMS.
- Performance Boosts, with image and content caching built in, your Umbraco powered websites will be lightening fast.
- Custom Code, using Razor, User controls or XSLT you can develop with whatever approach you prefer.
- Design Freedom, Umbraco places no restrictions or set frameworks to your front-end giving designers maximum freedom for their design creations.
Umbraco Hosting Provider Recommendation
Are you looking for cheap Umbraco hosting? Finding a high quality cheap Umbraco hosting provider is crucial for your web application. Your Umbraco application can only run smooth if it will be hosted on a server which can provide a higher up time & plenty of computing resources. There’re thousands of web hosting providers which offer asp.net hosting, but choosing cheap Umbraco hosting provider is a time consuming task. To make your buying decision easy we’ve concluded 3 best yet cheap Umbraco hosting providers which are reliable and offer affordable Umbraco hosting so that every one can afford it.
|Host 1 Site||Host 1 Site||Host 5 Sites|
|1 GB Disk Space||1 GB Disk Space||1 GB Disk Space|
|10 GB Bandwidth||10 GB Bandwidth||20 GB Bandwidth|
|Dedicated Application Pool||Dedicated Application Pool||Dedicated Application Pool|
|Support UTF-8 Domains||Support UTF-8 Domains||Support UTF-8 Domains|
|30-Days Money Back||30-Days Money Back||30-Days Money Back|
|Latest ASP.NET||Latest ASP.NET||Latest ASP.NET|
|Plesk Control Panel||Plesk Control Panel||Plesk Control Panel|
|Windows 2008/2012||Windows 2008/2012||Windows 2008/2012|
|SQL Server 2008/2012/2014||SQL Server 2008/2012/2014||SQL Server 2008/2012/2014|
|Latest MySql version||Latest MySql version||Latest MySql version|