Read Time:11 Minute, 15 Second
Why is Magento The Best for Ecommerce Sites?
“Everyone uses it”Yes, we know that this argument may lead to false conclusions. It well may be that something is agreed on by the majority while it is not necessarily the best option. But now we are talking about ecommerce and business results. Magento is the second most popular ecommerce platform: it has a market share of 17%, among the Top 100k sites (Magento CE and Magento Enterprise combined, July 2017).
Professional technological support and huge knowledge baseThe IT developers of Magento eCommerce, thanks to the help of volunteers, have been able to create a platform that truly serves the unique needs of users. The flexibility and openness of the system is basically the result of this philosophy. A couple of years ago Magento was acquired by eBay. This did not come as a disadvantage: it stayed to be an open source platform, while it also enjoyed the massive amount of expertise of the huge ecommerce company. Magento Commerce then got independent of eBay, but its extremely strong and loyal developer community, which had evolved well before its acquisition by eBay, is still passionately working on its development.
Huge array of product informationIt is no surprise that Magento is so popular: it is the most widely used ecommerce platform (according to 2015 statistics) in the world with a nearly 30% market share. Serving such a big chunk of the market successfully would be impossible without a massive amount of flexibility. You can define basically any product feature you like. You can set and manage the attributes without compromise in the admin panel. Basically, you can adjust the entire system to your products. The discount system is equally flexible. For instance, you can give a discount (e.g. a percentage of the price or free shipping) to a particular shopper if he or she puts two products from the same category into the shopping cart. You can define a whole bunch of combinations, you have loads of opportunities to do whatever you like.
Impressive, responsive designNeedless to say that you can tailor the look of your Magento store according to your expectations. It simply could not be any other way, since a standard template would not add very much to your brand value. It is not a problem if you are not an expert in web design, for Magento offers thousands of freely customizable templates. Installation, however, is recommended to be performed by a specialist. Responsive design is even more important. There are many solutions on the market that have “forgotten” to adapt to the most recent market needs. Since 2014, more and more people use the internet on their tablets and smartphones, and an increasing proportion of purchases are done on mobile devices. An online store can compete in such an environment successfully if it has a responsive layout, which means that it offers an interface to its shoppers, which is easy to handle on all platforms from tablets and smartphones to PCs and netbooks.
Supports SEOMagento features a range of default options to create an SEO-friendly website. You can generate SEO-friendly URLs and sitemaps (e.g. yourdomainname.com/productname), can define the meta data and so on. Searches within your e-store is also crucial, which is also a major strength of Magento. Customers make multiple, narrow-down searches, which is good for user experience, but less beneficial for SEO because this makes the system generate new product lists or new pages after the searches have been made, but can be regarded as duplicate content by Google. This drawback can be handled by custom development. The developers of Magento have always kept in mind that Magento websites should be easily found and stay strong in terms of SEO.
Magento is secureSafety is not an option, it is a must in an environment where hackers try to crack databases every minute. We hear news almost every day mentioning data breaches, so in case of an ecommerce store it is essential to have a hack-proof system. Luckily, Magento is always tested by a vast number of developers. The whole system is constantly watched by experts (e.g. ethical hackers) searching for defects and eliminating vulnerability by uploading patches. But don’t worry, you don’t have to hunt down updates all the time. Magento always calls your attention when an update is available so you will know about fresh developments right away. (You had better ask an expert to carry out the update process, especially when you already have some custom developments in your store.) All in all, the system is not perfect. No system is. But with Magento it is just amazing how fast its dedicated community can reveal the errors and after making the safety updates, you can avoid any future problems before they can kick in.
Data!Even if you only have a little experience in online marketing, you very likely know that this business is based on data. No matter what kind of a website you run, if you want to earn money with it, you need to build databases and after examining them, draw the appropriate conclusions. You have to know how many visitors you have, how they find you, how much time they spend on your pages etc. There are a lot of factors you should keep an eye on so that you can optimize your website according to user behaviour and preferences. You can integrate one of the most useful data collection systems, Google Universal Analytics, into your Magento website. An even better solution can be implementing Enhanced Ecommerce, specially developed for ecommerce systems. Applying this extension for Analytics needs some programming, but it provides much more detailed data. Thus you can collect a huge amount of useful data about your shoppers, such as what they like or how they behave when browsing in your store. You also have to watch and control the system. You should know how your website performs, how it works, what may cause failures. Thanks to the tools of Magento support, you will receive comprehensive reports from which experts can easily find the reasons for malfunctioning. If you have the possibility, it is worth to request an automated testing system service from your developer partner, which may raise problem solving to a whole new level.
Complete ecommerce toolkit
- Shopping Cart: Magento can comfortably lead the customers through the whole shopping process. It can be either used by registered users or guests and can also offer multiple payment options.
- User Account: Shoppers can quickly access their purchase history, check their orders or save products that they want to buy later. In addition, they can store information so that next time they can check out faster. Such information can be delivery address or invoicing address which the users can switch with only one click if they wish to.
- Management: You can manage transactions in the admin panel, start and complete the shipping process or resolve complaints. A top list can be downloaded about the most searched products (exact terms of what your customers typed in the search field), about the most popular products, or you can see if a particular shopper put some items in his or her shopping cart, but did not order them.
- Product Management: You can import and export thousands of products and modify their attributes at the same time, you can upload images, set custom pricing conditions, and determine what to show and how to show them in your “shop window”.
- Marketing: You can run promotions, create unique sales deals, offer free shipping or other special bargains. You also have opportunities for up-selling and cross-selling, you can preset opinions about or comparisons between products, display lists of recently viewed items, and also make it possible for shoppers to share your product pages easily and quickly with each other on social networking sites.
- Multiple websites: Magento is capable of handling more, an almost unlimited number (!) of websites simultaneously. You can run multiple iterations at the same time with only one user account so managing all these is much simpler. What does it mean more precisely? Say, you have a central online store with a dozen brands. You also have separate e-stores for each brand, all independent from the main website, where you can define different prices and discount offers―and you can manage all this in one single admin area.
- Write out a list of needs of your eCommerce platform to facilitate your online sales goals – both absolutely needs and non-negotiables.
- Do research on which CMS’s are the best possible solution for your specific needs and which would be most effective as accomplishing the job for the money.
- Search out and find agencies that have clear examples of using this technology in their portfolio – and contact the top 3-5 to start conversations. Narrow them down as soon as you are able and create a serious discussion where you can determine if you can get what you need done for you budget and if the companies can work together from a ‘cultural-fit’ perspective.
Magento 2.3.1 Hosting RecommendationMagento is a feature-rich, professional open-source eCommerce solution that offers merchants complete flexibility and control over the look, content, and functionality of their online store. Features includes powerful marketing, merchandising and content management. Magento is designed for scalability and is backed by an extensive support network. Are you looking for Magento 2.3.1 Hosting Recommendation? Finding a high quality Cheap Magento 2.3.1 Hosting provider is crucial for your web application. Your Magento 2.3.1 application can only run smooth if it will be hosted on a server which can provide a higher up time & plenty of computing resources. There’re thousands of web hosting providers which offer asp.net hosting, but choosing Magento 2.3.1 Hosting Recommendation provider is a time consuming task. To make your buying decision easy we’ve concluded 3 Best yet Cheap Magento 2.3.1 Hosting providers which are reliable and offer affordable Magento 2.3.1 Hosting so that every one can afford it.
Magento 2.3.1 Hosting Recommendation
|Host 1 Site||Host 1 Site||Host 5 Sites|
|1 GB Disk Space||1 GB Disk Space||1 GB Disk Space|
|10 GB Bandwidth||10 GB Bandwidth||20 GB Bandwidth|
|Dedicated Application Pool||Dedicated Application Pool||Dedicated Application Pool|
|Support UTF-8 Domains||Support UTF-8 Domains||Support UTF-8 Domains|
|30-Days Money Back||30-Days Money Back||30-Days Money Back|
|Latest ASP.NET||Latest ASP.NET||Latest ASP.NET|
|Plesk Control Panel||Plesk Control Panel||Plesk Control Panel|
|Windows 2008/2012||Windows 2008/2012||Windows 2008/2012|
|SQL Server 2008/2012/2014||SQL Server 2008/2012/2014||SQL Server 2008/2012/2014|
|Latest MySql version||Latest MySql version||Latest MySql version|