The Office of National Statistics claims that the UK has Europe’s most developed e-commerce market. The pandemic has sparked a digital change that is altering the landscape of online retail, and it doesn’t appear to be slowing down. In fact, it’s evident that businesses interested in selling goods or services need to have a solid, secure, and scalable CMS solution in place, in order to survive and grow, given statistics predicting that by 2025, ecommerce will make up over a third of all retail sales.
How well does ecommerce work with Umbraco?
One of Umbraco’s many advantages as a CMS is its flexibility. But what do we mean by that?
Flexibility and customisation
Umbraco ecommerce requires API Integrations
Our clients often ask us why ecommerce functionality isn’t built into Umbraco, as with some other CMS solutions and the answer is simple: flexibility and customisation.
There is no “one size fits all” solution with Umbraco. Since every company and brand is different, the majority of them will want to add their own distinctive mark and personalization to their online store.
Our web development team can create a stunning UI and a user-friendly CMS editing experience to meet the precise needs of our clients using Umbraco’s assortment of API connectors, supported by a warm international Umbraco community that continuously enhances it. This allows our clients total freedom in deciding how to set up the technical foundation of their company’s online store in order to attract customers with features like coupons, multi-currency, invoicing, shipping, abandoned cart recovery, product reviews, and much more.
Whether we’re adding an ecommerce element, integrating Google Maps or an online booking system, personalised content editing, multilingual translation or a simple online questionnaire function, Umbraco Apps gives agencies like Yoyo the power to build a robust and multi-functioning website for clients that is perfectly tailored to what they need now – and for the future.
This is crucial for quickly growing commercial enterprises wishing to diversify into new markets, languages, and currencies or launch new brands. Every e-commerce solution is different, and Umbraco allows customers the flexibility and customizability to select exactly what they want – nothing more, nothing less. They are able to get the most out of their online solution because to Umbraco’s App suite, which creates a sophisticated, user-friendly site that can be easily expanded and integrated with other digital platforms and systems as needed.
What are the best Umbraco ecommerce Apps to consider?
Searching Umbraco’s Apps catalogue reveals a wide range of independently developed and approved third-party extensions to make your website “professional, functional, and appealing”.
- By putting power into the hands of users, without the need for support from developers, Storm Commerce’s out-of-the box functionality enables clients to take control, to maintain a large range of products and manage transaction volumes with a high level of automation. A cloud-based and headless commerce platform, Storm’s flexibility and scalability give midsize to large companies room to grow.
- Ucommerce effortlessly combines content and commerce and is the most mature and used ecommerce platform for Umbraco. It has the power to manage a wide variety of complex products and sales channels with ease while creating a great experience for customers and is highly scalable and extendable through well-documented open APIs.
- Vendr won Best Expansion package at the 2021 Umbraco Package Awards and with good reason. By using categorised, searchable, colour-coded order status labels, keeping track of orders is quick and easy. Not only can it configure, customise and send out emails, such as order confirmation, dispatch information and receipts, it’s also multi-store, multi-currency and multi-country and comes with a number of popular payment providers ready to go.
- Digital Analytics is an essential part of any ecommerce marketing strategy. By inspecting the digital tracks left by every visitor to a website, uMarketingSuite gives clients invaluable insight into the minds of their visitors and allows you to profile them. uMarketingSuite’s personalisation algorithms will also help visitors find the content that is right for them, making the customer journey more relevant for each visitor.
- Raptor also tracks every interaction that customers have with a brand, helping businesses to provide a better experience and to keep them on the site longer. Using integrated marketing tools, Raptor can help to deliver targeted, unique content based on analytics-driven metrics and audience profiles.
Work with an Umbraco ecommerce specialist
Umbraco’s CMS makes it easy to add third party Apps, ideal for building an intuitive commerce ecosystem fit for the future, as well as providing a seamless work and user experience.